Journals and newspapers Procurement Policy of Burapha University Library
- Periodicals Department of Burapha University is responsible for providing journals and newspapers, E-journal and electronic databases (Reference Databases) to support teaching, researching including opened curriculum in the university. In addition, it’s responsible for developing and promoting imagination, intellect, knowledge, mental and emotional development of lecturers, students, civil servants, officers, Piboonbumpen Demonstration School Students, people and general youth.
- Journals and newspapers that the library provides for service mean ongoing publication. There are several editions of the same title published regularly by setting a daily, weekly, monthly, every 2 months, every 3 months, etc. Anyhow, academic content including entertainment is for enjoyment and recreation.
- Providing journals and newspapers, E-journal and electronic databases (Reference Databases) are divided into three categories: purchasing, donation and exchange.
- Thai Journal and newspapers purchasing is a purchase by subscription to agencies and publishers including buying at the book shop. Foreign Journals, E- journals and reference databases Purchasing is processed by subscription to foreign agency. The budget of journals, newspapers, E-journals and reference databases comes from government and revenue budget. The library purchases foreign journals, E-journals, and reference journals to be used for textbooks in the teaching program
Criteria to consider purchasing journals and newspapers are as follows:
- Purchasing Thai and foreign Journals for each one.
- Purchasing daily newspaper for 1-3 copies per title.
- Purchasing every 4 days and weekly newspaper titles 1-2 copies per title.
The library receives journals from both organization and person and periodicals department will proceed for selection, evaluation and consider serving. If the library receives overload journals, it will select the journals to give them for Sa-Kaew and Chanthaburi Campus or donate to other agencies.
The Recommendation of Journals, Newspapers, E-journal and Electronic Databases (Reference Databases)
- The right for recommending the journals, Thai magazines, and newspapers is belonged to lecturers, students and service users.
- The right for purchasing Foreign Journal and electronic databases is belonged to lecturers to be used for the textbook as university curriculum.
- Recommending for purchasing at the periodicals department, 4th floor, Central Library, Tel. 2474, 2492 or recommending at E-mail: email@example.com. Please inform the name, faculty and telephone number
Journals and Newspapers Service
Journals and newspapers service is served only in the library. If the users would like to bring the journal or newspaper to read on other floors in the library or photocopy them, please contact at the service counter to fill in the request form of journals and newspapers. The users can check the list, content or full text from the library website at http://www.lib.buu.ac.th and choose e-content on menu bar
- Journals and printed newspaper service is ordered by separating Thai and Foreign journals in alphabetical order.
- Opened System means the users can pick the newspapers and journals by themselves including present journals, binding journals which is ordered by separating Thai and Foreign journals and present newspapers.
- Closed System means the users contact to borrow journals and newspapers at the service counter including back issue journals and newspapers (The library will keep the newspaper for 1 year 6 months)
Indexed Journal Database Service
Indexed Journal is a tool to help people for searching Thai journal. The users can search from Web OPAC that periodicals department have provided 283 indexed journals from Thai journal lists.
Full-Text Journal Service
The library provides full-text journal which is a journal produced by the institute of the university. The users can search from Web OPAC and will find the full text document at http://digital_collect.lib.buu.ac.th/ojs/index.php/ or website of Burapha University Library and select BUU IR and then click Burapha University journals as follows:
- Asia Pacific Nursing & Health Care Journal
- Educational Journal of Thailand
- HRD Journal
- Journal of Global Business Review
- Journal of Science Technology and Humanities
- Journal of Educational administration, Burapha University
- Journal of Education and Social Development
- Journal of Faculty of Nursin, Burapha university
- Journal of Educational Technology
- Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Burapha University (B.E.2535-2541)
- Journal of Educational Research and Measurement, Burapha University (B.E.2546-2551)
- Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Burapha university
- Journal of the faculty senate, Burapha university
- Journal of Research Methodology & Cognitive Science
- Journal of Graduate School of Commerce- Burapha Review
- Journal of Exercise and Sport Science
- Journal of Burapha Science
- Journal of Burapha Fine & Applied Art
- Journal of Education
- Journal of Public Health, Burapha University
- Journal of Curriculum and Instruction
- Journal of Indo-china Studies